[SOLVED] PC freezes and then restarts when playing games?

Jul 16, 2021
My pc just freezes and restarts when gaming. Temps don't go over 75c, no sudden fps drops nor weird stuttering. I've tried numerous things: Windows reinstall, updating bios, tweaking gpu settings on radeon software, changing power options. Tweaking gpu settings worked for a few days but then everything went back to same freezing. Everything is fine when browsing internet or watching videos on youtube. Thanks for the help.

Specs:

AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB VRAM) - GPU
Intel Core i3-10100F - CPU
GIGABYTE B460M DS3H - MOTHERBOARD
CORSAIR CV Series CV450 - 450W - PSU
Crucial MX500 SSD - SSD
Patriot premium DDR4 16GB - RAM
TOSHIBA P300 2TB - HDD

Solution
I am saying that the PSU that you are using is crap and lower wattage than the recommended from AMD.
You should buy a quality PSU even if it's not the cause of your issue, which I highly doubt it's something else.
Tier B or above for gaming rigs.
Your thread holds a big sign with neon lights. PSU.
CV series is the worst from Corsair and they are known to cause issues. I bet it's not close to being new, so it has degraded. You also have less wattage than recommended by the GPU manufacturer.

Jul 16, 2021
Your thread holds a big sign with neon lights. PSU.
CV series is the worst from Corsair and they are known to cause issues. I bet it's not close to being new, so it has degraded. You also have less wattage than recommended by the GPU manufacturer.
So you're suggesting to test with a different PSU?

I am saying that the PSU that you are using is crap and lower wattage than the recommended from AMD.
You should buy a quality PSU even if it's not the cause of your issue, which I highly doubt it's something else.
Tier B or above for gaming rigs.

Solution