MiniatureGaming

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
Hello, About one month ago my pc was working fine but suddenly one day i booted it and it got stuck at the gigabyte logo. there was nothing i could do it was completely frozen. I rebooted it then it started to work fine, after a few days the issue started to grow now i had to reboot it even more times for it to load into windows. It got to a point rebooting couldnt fix it and there was nothing i could do.

PC SPECS:

intel i5 3570 cpu

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 board
1x Patriot Intel Extreme DDR3 8GB Memory
gigabyte r7 360 2gb gpu
thermaltake litepower 550 psu
1 tb hdd
120 gb Wd green ssd

I have have already tried a couple of thing like reseting cmos.
edit:i can confirm it is not hdd or ssd causing this because it doesnt even boot without them

UPDATE: i changed the cmos battery and it worked... but for only some time. i rebooted it to see that is it fine but its not working.
2nd UPDATE: i can boot into my pc but it randomly freezes and then i have to restart it again. the old problem is gone and theres a new problem.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your Thermaltake Litepower PSU? You might want to see if disconnecting all your components, leaving only the bare minimum(SSD, CPU, one stick of ram and the iGPU) and see if your experience changes.

See if a replacement PSU that is reliably built, borrowed from a neighbor or friend helps the system's startup.

MiniatureGaming

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your Thermaltake Litepower PSU? You might want to see if disconnecting all your components, leaving only the bare minimum(SSD, CPU, one stick of ram and the iGPU) and see if your experience changes.

See if a replacement PSU that is reliably built, borrowed from a neighbor or friend helps the system's startup.

I already have another replacement psu, i have a Corsair VS 550. i tested the pc using it and got the same problem
i also swapped the ram with 1 random 4gb stick and did everything you said.
I dont think i can fix this issue but if someone can tell me what component is causing this i would be happy :)