PC freezes at random times.

guimond47

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
alright fellas, i have a built pc i built when i was 16 years old. im now 21... and ive been out of the pc building for a long time now....i fogotten how to do various things so please bare with me .!

ive got this pc with an asus m-board, acer quad core cpu (forget the model but its stock at 2.8ghz i believe) gtx280 nvidia, ram is nvdia 4gb at 800mhz, psu is big like 600watts or 750w... and the computer case is shitty lol.

i have windows 7 on it now and once in a while weither i am gaming or watching a simple video on youtube it will freeze everything. mouse and all. cant do anything until a hard reboot is done....
its been driving me nuts... and the pc is also fairly slow on a fresh format of windows 7 64bit. back in the day this thing was a fast ... what to do?

i had it over clocked at 3.0ghz for a while boosted cpu voltage aswell, and im stummped. i had the memory(RAM) over clocked too.... im lost. even with everything default is freezes.....

guimond47

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
i am trying to fix the freezing issue.... the windows screen could be at idle, ill walk away and 30 minutes later i go to move the mouse and its frozen...nothing happens.