[SOLVED] PC freezes at Win10 Start after I changed the mainboard

Wolfius

Reputable
Feb 29, 2016
Hey!
So basically I changed my motherboard to an ASRock B550 with 32 GB Ram and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X.
As soon as I booted the system the Windows Symbol showed up but not even the Circles. Naturally I started the automatic repair- nothing happened.
So I got myself an USB with Windows 10, tried booting from it. However, it didn't get past the ASRock Logo again and then freezed.
Did I do something wrong while installing my hardware?
Whenever I get past the BIOS Settings the power and reset buttons on the mainboard stop glowing red.
Other than that I've installed my old Graphics Card (RTX570) and my old SSD with Win10 on it.

Edit1: The RTX570 seems to shut down as soon as I get out of the Bios

Last edited:
Solution
I would suggest reset the CMOS (using the mobo jumper labelled clr_cmos - short it once then leave it alone) then try booting again from the usb key.
If this succeeds, try booting from the SSD. Run some tests for stability.
After that, reboot and set your RAM speed. If you get freezes again, try increasing RAM voltage by 0.01V (e.g. 1.36V instead of 1.35V).
Try again.
If system still unstable, RMA the motherboard.
I would suggest reset the CMOS (using the mobo jumper labelled clr_cmos - short it once then leave it alone) then try booting again from the usb key.
If this succeeds, try booting from the SSD. Run some tests for stability.
After that, reboot and set your RAM speed. If you get freezes again, try increasing RAM voltage by 0.01V (e.g. 1.36V instead of 1.35V).
Try again.
If system still unstable, RMA the motherboard.

Solution