[SOLVED] PC Freezes completely after a wndows 10 installation

Nov 24, 2021
Hello everyone, i have an old pc, and two weeks ago i couldn't boot to windows anymore, i thought maybe the ssd were gone for good, so i changed my ssd and install a new windows 10, but then, after the installation was complete i couldn't boot to windows 10 again, the same error was happennig like the old ssd. The computer just freezes completely after the installaton, so i thought maybe my old ssd is good and the problem is other. I run my old ssd in other computer and the ssd is fine, i tried to reinstall windows 10 on the old ssd again and the same thing happened, the pc just frezzes completely, so i switched the pen usb and the same error happened again. So i put a new ssd with the new pen usb and the same thing happened. Then i thought maybe the problem is not ssd neither the pen usb, is windows 10. So i put windows 7 and works just fine, maybe the computer is too old for windows 10. But i'm selling the computer and my client wants windows 10, there's any way to put win 10? i will give you the computer specs:
Processor: i7 920
RAM: DDR3 8Gbs
Motherboard: Asus P6T SE
SSD: TS128GSSD370
Graphic Card: ASUS EAH5850 Series 1gbs

iIt's strange cause the fisrt reboot after the installation of windows 10 the pc displays the windows 10 logo and freezes in there, could someone helpe me or have some idea whats is happening the error?

Last edited:
Solution
You said that windows 7 installed and works ok? You could use that to do the bios update.

Or maybe a bootable usb with bios updater tool on it is an option? Probably easier just to instal 7 than go hunting for that tho…
Nov 24, 2021
Thank you for reepling, i could try a a bios update, but i can't even boot windows 10. I wll try update my bios and then install all drivers from asus. Thank you!

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
You said that windows 7 installed and works ok? You could use that to do the bios update.

Or maybe a bootable usb with bios updater tool on it is an option? Probably easier just to instal 7 than go hunting for that tho…

Solution