PC Freezes Completely Randomly and Requires a Restart Everytime

Jack30d

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
My PC has been randomly freezing and I cannot move mouse, audio stops, and caps lock is unresponsive. This has been happening for awhile now and I originally thought it was possibly due to high usage with multiple programs open but just now it happened when I only had ONE Chrome tab open. I have searched everywhere for a solution but I cannot find one. I have searched within windows in event viewer and reliability history for possible causes of freezing but there is nothing. ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE
Please help, Thank you
Specs:
CPU: AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
-Samsung 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
Case: Fractal Design - Core 3000 USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPCnPs

woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
You could have a case of defective RAM, or you might have the system overheating without you knowing about it. Run Task Manager while you're doing stuff (open it as soon as the PC starts by right clicking on the taskbar) and see what happens.

Jack30d

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I am going to start doing that now that I am dumbfounded by what is happening but in the past when I've tried to monitor it through task manager it never seems to freeze! Then the next time I startup I'm like, it won't happen today no point in opening it... AND BOOM it happens lol, thank you for the response