PC Freezes completely while playing games...

Sam_ramos_02

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Hi, the problem keeps happening more often now. Whenever I play games like PUBG, r6s and others my whole pc freezes mid game or even sooner. My temps are fine and I can watch videos, surf the web or do anything else other than gaming. I might think it's a RAM problem. I need help because this happens always in the end of games. died top 4 w/ lvl 3 armor in pubg :c
Help would be really appreciate thanks.
Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
CPU: AMD FX-8300
RAM: 16GB DDR3
MB: M5A97
380W Green antec PSU
Storage: 2TB Toshiba 250G SSD Kingston

Solution
Could be ram but your really pushing that PSU pretty far. GTX 1060 min PSU requirement is a 400W supply...Now I don't know your systems exact power draw so I can't say for certain. If your overclocking any of your parts then I would certainly be more suspicious of your power draw. Point being when a GPU pulls to much power for your supply to handle...your games freeze, crash, or stutter badly.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Could be ram but your really pushing that PSU pretty far. GTX 1060 min PSU requirement is a 400W supply...Now I don't know your systems exact power draw so I can't say for certain. If your overclocking any of your parts then I would certainly be more suspicious of your power draw. Point being when a GPU pulls to much power for your supply to handle...your games freeze, crash, or stutter badly.

Solution

Sam_ramos_02

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Yup probably my psu... cause I'm overclocking my gpu 150mhz and the cpu to 4.2ghz with turbo mode (which shouldn't be but my mb doesn't support OC by default) I was planning to upgrade my cpu to ryzen 5 1600 aswell as my MB and ddr4 ram.

Sam_ramos_02

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

380w is enough for my system also it's bronze rated so imo it's just fine. I think it's the overclocking that's a bit too much.

Sam_ramos_02

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

I also checked if my RAM worked well with another system and it's working fine

Rexer

Distinguished
Yup. These guys are telling you your PSU is too small.. . because it is. Go get a larger one. 500w or better. Maybe ram, too.
Let's try some cheap fixes.
-Reseat all your hardware. It could be a connection problem, too.
-Are these Steam games? Steam games like to remember crashes. You will need to go into your game, find the 'reset', 'reset game' or 'default', 'default settings' button and click it. As a courtesy to gamers, Steam likes to remember your game settings. This is a good thing. If you ever need to reload, uninstall/reinstall your games, you'll have your game settings saved. But sometimes it'll remember a crash like a game setting. Resetting your game will erase it. Make sure you write down your game settings as they will be gone, too.
-Fix your Windows. Chances are you crash a bunch of times. Fixing it helps it run better, run cooler. Run the Error Checker, The File checker, Disk Cleaner and Disk Defragmenter.
-Find Local Disk C:> right click it> at the bottom of the window click properties> click the 'Tools' tab> in Error checking, click the check box. Let it run. Then run 'Optimize and defragment drive. Let it run
-Go back to the General tab> click the Disk Cleanup box. Let it run.
Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS