PC freezes depsite being practically rebuilt

skoubah

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
I have spent so much time and money im finally defeated.

My pc started freezing when running windows 8.1. I had not installed anything recently, i did install a new vid card GTX 760 but it ran fine for a few weeks with this. I ran memtest and have since ran memtest multiple times since and it always comes back pass 0 errors.

I have bought 3 harddrives, still freezes.

it freezes sometimes inside windows 8.1 or windows 7
it freezes during the installation of both sometimes, depends on how it feels.
i bought a new cd/dvd drive.
new PSU
Removed the network card and now plug in via ethernet
disconnected all devices

Sometimes randomly i get windows installed and use it up to an hour but it will always start freezing. It NEVER crashes or BSOD's.

its a freezing issue that i cannot rectify.....

I have read every thread over the past 2 week (thats how long i been working on this) and tried everything to the point that i feel im probably just wasting my time asking but its driving me nuts.

Currently installed hardware.

nvidia gtx 760 ( i have tried removing all devices listed during install and run, doesn't matter)
lg dvd/cd drive
6gigs ram that passes all memtests
seagate 1TB drive / other drive i have handy and have tried is a western digital 1 tb both bran new.
evga 600B PSU, this is the second one in 2 weeks, i suspected my other one which was also bran new might have been a dud.
an intergrated sd slot

Solution
What you describe can be due to a faulty PSU, bad RAM, a bad MB, bad GPU, or a bad CPU.

Your PSU is new so we'll exclude that.

Memtest does not rule out bad RAM. Can try to run the system with all but one stick removed, and see if the stability improves. Also rotate the stick inserted to see if that helps the issue.

Confirm that you have the latest bios for the MB installed.

If the RAM is ok, than you are talking about a new MB at that point.

You did not list your MB or your CPU. The other thought is if you have monitored your system temps and is the thermal paste for the CPU ok.
What you describe can be due to a faulty PSU, bad RAM, a bad MB, bad GPU, or a bad CPU.

Your PSU is new so we'll exclude that.

Memtest does not rule out bad RAM. Can try to run the system with all but one stick removed, and see if the stability improves. Also rotate the stick inserted to see if that helps the issue.

Confirm that you have the latest bios for the MB installed.

If the RAM is ok, than you are talking about a new MB at that point.

You did not list your MB or your CPU. The other thought is if you have monitored your system temps and is the thermal paste for the CPU ok.

Solution

skoubah

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Hello
The mobo is aahd3-vc
the CPU is AMD a6-5400K

I took one stick of ram out, still freezes after like 10 mins and im running memtest once again its on pass 10 with no errors.

I should also mention that the computer seems to run fine in safemode with networking, i assumes thats because its less resource intensive?