[SOLVED] PC Freezes during gaming. Fans start to spin fast.

Feb 10, 2019
Hi everyone,
My PC has recently started to freeze when playing The Witcher 3, Divinity 2 and Bioshock Remastered. Prior to the freeze my fans sound like they want to lift off. The screen will start to act unstable and the then it will freeze. The fans will calm down. I am able to use the windows key but can't exit the game unless in windowed mode. Hard restart is usually needed. I have played 300+ hours on the witcher 3 on the same PC. I can play, Metal Gear Solid V without any problems.

PSU: Cooler Master 750w Bronze
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 Series
MOBO: Intel Corporation DH77KC (CPU 1)

Please Assist?

Solution
Maybe due to overheating...84 c is pretty bad...when GPUs reach a certain temperature(whatever is their threshold) they start to throttle to cope up with the temps...which reduces performances since they do it on purpose to decrease heat. Try getting a USB fan for your GPU maybe? To make it cooler...
Feb 10, 2019
I have used Speccy to monitor the temperatures. The cpu idles at 50C and when gaming goes up to 70-80. The Gpu idles at 40 and goes up to the upper 70. Before the freeze the temp will climb up to 84C.

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Maybe due to overheating...84 c is pretty bad...when GPUs reach a certain temperature(whatever is their threshold) they start to throttle to cope up with the temps...which reduces performances since they do it on purpose to decrease heat. Try getting a USB fan for your GPU maybe? To make it cooler...

Solution