Question PC freezes during gaming

bargman

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Hi all,

I have another irritating problem now. For some time my PC is freezing during gaming. It usually looks like that: I play a game, suddenly game is freezes, for few seconds i am able to alt+tab to windows, but i can not open any program, even the task manager. Only cursor is moving on the screen. Just after that, system freezes completly and is unresponsive. And i need to hard reset it. I observe that problem in such games as Borderlands 3, CoD Warzone. It did not occure in TF2, F1 2020, or other rather light games. Before last freeze, during CoD session i noticed some minor stuttering in game, and few warning icons on tle left side of the screen, but they are related to packet loss and ping, weird as i never experience those errors/warnings.

Thing to notice is also that, this problem occures earlier in past, when i bought new MOBO - MSI Tomahawk Z390. Back then i was monitoring my gaming PC with HWInfo connected to laptop, where i has displayed some statistics related to system usage. But problem was gone by itself. I correlated it with me stopping using HWInfo for that kind of monitoring. But now i think it was just coincidence.

So, no BSOD, no erros. i checked system event logger. And i can see there many warnings regarding "disk0" whih i understand is my disk "C:"? Yes?
I checked taht disk with HDDtune and it show me nothing, disk seems to be ok. But that is some old SSD by GOODRAM, i dont know whih line of disk it is, every program only displays manufacturers name.

What else should i monitor? I dont know how to try to solve this. There`s no bsods, so no indications to cause. Only thing that comes to my mind is system disk. But before i buy new one i need to be sure that this is it. GPU temepratures appears to be good, according to battlenet overlay in game it is around 64-65 celcius degree. In april i performed RAM test by memtest and both sticks passes it.

System is up to date, gpu drivers also - but problem occures on different versions of drivers, no matter if they are new, or old. Nex things i plna to do is check if there is new bios update, and i will try to monitor PC by HWInfo as i id some time ago.

Any ideas what to do?

Few screens from system event logger, and dxdiag file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lybfk1t2317jia0/AABiKxe9HWxP4FhWPgcyfdWma?dl=0 (Link to folder with them)

bargman

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Hello again,

My problem described above still persists. Now, with new game: Dying Light 2. I can not play it peacefully as PC is hardfreezing randomly.

During last session i used a HWInfo monitor to see how my components are utilized and i have used an option to monitor it via network on second PC. And what i noticed: HWInfo stopped reporting around one minute, or less, before my system froze to death. It can be seen on one of my screenshots, as flatened graphs in HWInfo.

In system monitor i found again many warnings regarding disk, code 153, as you can see on one of the screens.

What i know: CPU and GPU was not overheating, and utilization was relativly good for new game, nothing near 99%. This error persists on last windows installment and on actual.

Please, help. I really do not have a clue where to start or what to do anymore...

Here are screenshots taken from HWInfo monitor:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rxvdymgy1t5dhox/AACRoUlyRsomi3o2TjYzgvRna?dl=0