Question PC freezes, even in bios, Mobo or Cpu dying?

Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone, everything good?.
Before telling the problem that I am facing I would like to apologize for possible grammatical errors, because English is not my main language.

Going "straight" to the point, a few days ago my PC began to present freezes, the same old story, the screen was static, mouse and keyboard did not respond to the lights of Num lock and Caps lock with no sign of life, from there or I performed a forced reset or waited about two minutes for the PC to shut itself down.
After a while the problem evolved, it was between the moment I pressed the power button until entering Windows it could crash, it was even before the motherboard and perform the POST, others were during the splash screen logo, during the initialization of the Windows and etc, even when I was touching the BIOS, this freezing happened.

I searched a lot about this problem, I found many similar, but none of the authors reported in the post how they solved the problem, but by most of the answers I was able to understand that it was motherboard, CPU, or memory module with problem, as I do not have a speaker I had no way of knowing what the beeps the BIOS was playing.

I was able to delete the memories of the equation, I say that with all the memories outside the motherboard, it still had the same problem, the colers all turned on and 1 second later the PC would restart and keep repeating this, when MOBO was executing boot without the memories it was about 10 seconds connected with all the colers spinning, and when this happened I would turn everything off, put all the memories and all were recognized, regardless of the slots used ...

After that all I have left the motherboard and the processor, and there came another problem, near where I live there is no technical assistance with a MOBO and a CPU compatible with the ones I have, the simplest way I could think was I want to use the onboard video over the MOBO HDMI and see if there was an image on the screen, because until then I had no luck with that, the PC as usual took a few freezes until POST, and I can access the BIOS, the first thing that I noticed there were artifacts on the screen, some red scratches, and the letters had a shaded effect, and with a negative effect, 2 minutes later everything was locked again, but this time, using the video onboard the screen was all red, and a few seconds then the PC turned off, I put another HDMI cable and I logged the PC again, the artifacts continued, roughly locked, but this time the color was a bluish black, the third time the only difference was the pink screen, and this all seemed strange , because with the GPU install of the screen was simply a static image, already with onboard what appears are these solid colors, and with that came the doubt, which is the question that I leave to you to help me in this.

Which is more likely to be with the days counted, taking into account that only using video onboard there were artifacts, since the crashes happen both onboard and GPU.

Which one has the best chance of being with the days counted, mother board or processor ?.

Some details that I know will be ordered.

• All tests I performed were with and without CMOS battery.
  • What I did most was use a screwdriver to clean the CMOS.
  • PC was disassembled and mounted on top of the motherboard box.
  • The PC was purchased in 2015, except for the PSU and GPU that were purchased in 2016.
  • Temperatures are expected to be within the standard, CPU idle 30 ~ 40 ° C, full 60 ° C, GPU idle 30 ~ 45 ° C, full 68 ° C, ambient temperature 35 ° C.
  • Spec
Gigabyte Ga b75m d3h rev 1.0
Core i5 3570 (non-K)
Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB 1866 @ 1600Mhz
SSD Kingston A400 120GB
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
R9 380 Strix DieectCU2 4GB
XFX 500W XT Series 80plus bronze.

If I forgot some information, ask me, I'll try to answer as quick as possible with the help of google translate.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
I tested without peripherals connected to the motherboard (kb, mouse ethernet cable and sata cable etc), already on the GPU, was tested with and without it, the only difference and that when the locking occurred with the GPU installed, the screen would have a image static, as if it were a photo and two minutes later the PC turned itself off, and without GPU installed and using the motherboard video onboard, the screen had artifacts and when the freezing occurred the screen changed to solid color (red, yellow , black, pink) and then the PC was turned off.
The RAM I tested on another computer, but to test the MOBO and the CPU separately is a complicated task because as I said in the post above, where I live has no assistance with MOBO compatible with 3rd gen and 2nd or 3rd gen CPU to test, only the 4th gen up.

Remembering that these freezes occur from the moment I turn on the PC, either during POST, browsing through Uefi, loading Windows etc.

Last edited: