[SOLVED] PC freezes for ~1 second consistently especially during gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2019
Hi,

Since yesterday, when I play games (and sometimes when just browsing the web), my screen will freeze for 1 second and my mouse will teleport to where it would have been had it not freezed. During games, the audio is unaffected and my FPS does not drop (300+ in CSGO and stable 300 in overwatch).

I have tried playing OFFLINE with network + audio drivers disabled but it still has the same issue.
***When I froze in CSGO and my friends were spectating me, they could see me freeze - so my input to the game + input to the server is cut off for a second (but the audio is undisturbed???)

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
SSD (Windows 10 installed on this): Intel 530 Series 240GB
SSD: Intel 600p Series NVMe PCIe M.2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x8GB
PSU: RX-850 (Raidmax 850W)
MOBO: Gigabyte Z270 K3 gaming

I have looked at resource monitor during these freezes and CPU and RAM never max out, temperatures on CPU and GPU are stable.

Things I have tried:
1. Disabling audio and wifi drivers as well as updating ALL drivers from manufacturers.
2. Reinstalling windows (Clean wipe).
3. Full diagnostic scans on SSDs with no issues.
4. Swapping out my 2080 for my spare 1080.
5. Swapping out my RAM.
6. Mobo CMOS reset.
7. Running CPU and GPU at stock.

The only thing I did different with my computer before this started happening was:

I currently use a 240Hz Asus monitor (connected via DP) and I wanted to use a second monitor while gaming, so I hooked up my benQ 144Hz monitor via HDMI. My PC was detecting the monitor but my benQ monitor said "No connection detected". In the end I just gave up and unplugged it.

I honestly have no clue what it could be please help..

Reactions: peachyoana
Solution
Make and model mouse? Wireless?

Try reinstalling the mouse drivers. If wireless, try new batteries.

Also besides Resource Monitor, take a look into Task Manager.

Reliability History/Manager may also be capturing some information at the time of the freezes.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model mouse? Wireless?

Try reinstalling the mouse drivers. If wireless, try new batteries.

Also besides Resource Monitor, take a look into Task Manager.

Reliability History/Manager may also be capturing some information at the time of the freezes.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.