Apr 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have been running into a few issues for a long period of time. When I am playing games after some time my whole PC Freezes and I have to manually shut down my machine and reboot. I thought this was due to my GPU at the time (1080ti) then I upgraded to a 3080ti and purchased a new PSU. Sadly still running into the issue. Then I thought to myself could my OS be corrupted (Windows10). I decided to reimage the machine delete all files and reinstall windows. Once I downloaded steam and played games I ended up freezing and crashing completely. The next step I did was to reinstall graphical drivers..... still nothing. The next step checks all my drivers and reinstall.... still nothing. This has been an ongoing issue for some time. My temps seem to be ok, my CPU stays around 50 under full load and my GPU stays around 75 to 83 under full load. I also MEMTested the RAM it came back perfect. If anyone has any insight please due tell would love to hear. Thank you so much!!

Quick Edit: I also updated the Bios and no luck still.

PC SPECS:

CPU Intel i7 8700
GPU Geforce RTX 3080 TI
Motherboard Z3070 GAMING PLUS
RAM 32GB Corsair Vengence
1000w PSU gold Rated
I game on 3 Monitors (I don't know if this could cause any issues)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022
When you use just one monitor does the problem persist? In bios do you have Intel turbo boost enabled? If it is try disabling it.
Hi again,

I game on one monitor and it persists even when gaming on one. I was debating on just purchasing a new board, processor, and AIO hoping this would fix my issue.

I did notice that my temp limit on NZXT Cam was 83. My 3080ti easily can hit 83 so I bumped that up to 88 to see if that can help

Quick Edit. I crashed again however when I went into Event viewer. I am getting a critical error named Event 41, Kernel-Power however the values are all set to 0s
The freeze also seems to happen when I finish a game and go into the menu. It does freeze mid game, however, when things start to calm down it seems to freak out and freeze.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022
Well after a long time of trying to fix this issue it seems to be fixed. I asked many people and many people were stumped. However, it seems your recommendation of turning off intel turbo boost fixed the issue. If I run into any trouble again I will post on here. I really appreciate the help mate.