PC freezes on motherboard screen with preparing automatic repair loop

Jun 21, 2018
So my pc randomly froze while playing a game. Restarted it, gave me preparing automatic repair screen and freezes again after that. Tried to boot off a windows usb but won't let me boot and freezes again.I can't get past the motherboard startup screen because it freezes after that with preparing automatic repair. Tested my psu which seems to be fine, gpu is fine, ram is fine. Had this same problem half a year ago and brought it to a store to get it fixed, they changed a cable and the problem was gone. Now suddenly half a year later i get the same problem again and checked all components again except for the motherboard and cpu. How do i know which of the 2 died?

i7 6700k
16gb corsair vengeance lpx
asus maximus viii hero
gtx 1070
corsair rm650x 80+ gold

Colif

Win 11 Master
If it was CPU that died, you wouldn't be booting at all. I wonder what cable they swapped a year ago.

Your Motherboard manual - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/E10343_MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO_UM_WEB.pdf

Go into BIOS and make sure secure boot is off. Disable fast boot as well, both of these settings will stop you booting off USB

I would try to get into safe mode once USB works,

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Often, when booting off the USB, the Startup options menu isn't an option. I would go into Command Prompt instead and use this to copy any files off C you want to save
type Notepad and press enter. That opens notepad
Go to File>Open and it will open File Explorer. Use it to copy files

What brand PSU is it?