PC freezes on start up and I don't know why. HELP!!?

HASBREO

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
When I turn my computer on it works for about 10 seconds and the round loading
thing beside the mouse is going around then it stops for about 3 seconds then starts going
around again. Then the task bar on my 3rd screen, and only on my 3rd screen (i have it set to
autodidact the task bar), pops back up and the circling loading sign beside the cursor freezes.
When it freezes it always stops on the far left of the circle. After this i can still move the mouse
but i cant left click anything. I can right click but nothing opens still. I can open the start screen
but cant get back to the desktop. I can open the charms bar and click shut does but the win 8
circle doesn't start spinning, it stops on the first dot. I have never seen this before and i don't
know what is wrong. I happens almost always and i have to restart 7+ times to get it to work. I
have tried safe mode and it works with safe mode. I turned off all start up things in task
manger and it still happens. If possible i REALLY don't want to refresh or fresh restart my
computer as i have a lot of files and not much internet to re-download all my programs.
PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 3470
GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce 760
Motherboard: ASRock B75M
Memory: Kingston Value Ram 8GB
Storage: 1 x WD 1TB Blue HD, 1 x Segate 2TB HD
Sorry that is was really long but if you can help it would be much appreciated, Thanks.

jnewegger23

Distinguished
What psu you are you running (please be as specific as possible, Watts, make model etc.) and is your gpu an overclocked or superclocked edition of some sort and if not did you overclock it on your own (either manually or using some auto oc software)? What else may be overclocked if any (cpu etc)?

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Sometimes even the factory overclock is not stable unfortunately. Try downloading msi afterburner and sliding the gpu modifier 10% to the left to downclock the card closer to stock speeds. I know this is not happy news but if your computer runs better it's something to try until you can find a better solution. See if this remedies your situation and please update us!

HASBREO

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
probably the graphics driver but other than that.. oh wait. i just swapped the PSU from mu computer and my prothers computer because his had the connectors i wanted. Is that possibly the problem. The one i use to have was a coller master 500 watt and was probably 80% efficent. but i dont see how that could effect the software and in tern cause the problem