[SOLVED] PC freezes on Windows Boot Screen

Awesa_

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
Hello, so here's a little backstory,

I've been using my system for a little bit under 3 years now.
Specs :
AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 3gb amp! Edition
2x4 gb Avexir Core Red memory
Adata SX6000Lite 256 gb ssd
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard disk
ASRock AB350M HDV mobo
Antec VP600P PSU

The system was running fine, today I tried to play csgo with it, but i notice that the audio was acting up, it was probably a loose cable, it has happened before, so i went to the back to try reach it, i picked up the pc a little bit, not tu high, only a couple of cm, just lift up the back a little bit, but i loose my grip and it fell. The pc died but immeadeatly restarted, everything was spinning but the monitor doesnt show anything. It thought it was ram issue so i take it out and clean it, plug it in again and sure enough it fixed the problem. But once the windows boot screen appears, it freezes and my mouse and keyboard which were connected to usb dies to. I can tell since they both light up. It just stuck there, the little loading animation with the dots hangs after 2 dots appear. I tried to reinstall windows using usb, it loads but as soon as the same loading screen appears it also hangs the same way. What should i do? What do you guys think is the culprit? Is it a hardware or software problem? Thanks in advace

Solution
Hi, sorry that I haven't posted an update yet, I was swamped with work this last couple of days, but yes, I figured out the problem and managed to make windows boot. I concluded that one of my RAM stick is giving the issue. I have a 2x4 GB kit, so I took them out, clean them, and tried to boot with just one of them at a time, the first stick that I tested was booting fine, but the second one wasn't able to POST. And combining the two would result in the hang I said earlier. So for a couple of days I'd just manage with 4 GB of RAM. But yesterday I tried to put the other one in, and it somehow just worked. Maybe the connection was dirty or something, I don't really know, but it somehow sorts of fixed itself. So my suggestion would be just...

Awesa_

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
Hi, sorry that I haven't posted an update yet, I was swamped with work this last couple of days, but yes, I figured out the problem and managed to make windows boot. I concluded that one of my RAM stick is giving the issue. I have a 2x4 GB kit, so I took them out, clean them, and tried to boot with just one of them at a time, the first stick that I tested was booting fine, but the second one wasn't able to POST. And combining the two would result in the hang I said earlier. So for a couple of days I'd just manage with 4 GB of RAM. But yesterday I tried to put the other one in, and it somehow just worked. Maybe the connection was dirty or something, I don't really know, but it somehow sorts of fixed itself. So my suggestion would be just to do what I did and see if it does anything. RAM usually has a lifetime warranty, so if yours failed, just bring them to the warranty center and get them to either fix it or maybe even replace it (don't quote me on the replacing part though, haven't tried it before, but I've sent my RAM to a warranty center and get it fixed before). I hope it helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS