pc freezes only while playing games

avielasangi34

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
so, here's the story. I had built my pc 8 months ago. for the first month all my games ran perfectly fine, but after that only heavy AAA titles began to freeze after 20mins to an hour of gameplay. the low graphics required games like blazblue or visual novels run perfectly fine on my pc but as soon as I play something like WD2 or TF2 OR BF1 or NFS, my pc starts freezining after as soon as 20mins. I have done all the stress tests like prime 95 and furmark and everything was fine but when I play games things go south.
pls help me if you can!
MY PC SPECS:
i5-6600k(no OC)
zotac gtx 1060 3gb mini
gigabyte Za170m-d3h
ddr4 2133mhz crucial 8gb×2
CM HYPER T2 air cooler for cpu
WD BLUE 1tb hdd (OS installed on this)
corsair vs-650 psu
WINDOWS 10 HOME 64BIT
2 led 120mm fans and 1 corsair 120mm fan

I have tried driver updates and even reinstalled windows 10 2 times. removed the Nvidia driver complete and reinstalled too. PS: I keep getting a freeze with a BSOD which shows up after 5 to 10mins on screen and keeps stucked at 0% completion.

avielasangi34

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
so, sorry for not updating. but i have something big here. turns out there is something totally different happening on here. i tried to take out my 1 of 2 ram chips out and only run a 8gb ddr4 on single channel. after this all games ran perfectly well i mean where my pc used to stop at 10MINS now it just wont freeze anymore! that is a good news but when i used 2 chips again in dual channel it started to freeze in just 10mins again! so then i tried using the one i thought wasnt working only in single channel and then it ran perfectly fine!!
now i feel its the mobo that cant get to work in dual channel which feels really wierd! please help me out cause the problem is now narrowed down so much and the only suspicious components are the ram chips and mobo! thanks

avielasangi34

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017

yep i have done that and nope everything is fine! i just got tekken 7 too and i played it for 35mins while in practice but when i returned to main menu it just freezed! its happened the same for multiple games but not all! now we know memory is not the problem tho. i even got around to check the event viewer and i just happened to have a tcpcontrol error at that point. i dont yet know what it actually means.