Question PC freezes or goes black (monitor shows no signal)

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, my new PC build seems to have problems. There are no problems on boot but after a while the screen freezes and there is a short buzzing sound. The usbs for my mouse and keyboard also stop working during this time. Other times, the screen shuts off and the monitor shows no signal whilst there are three long beeps coming from the pc. I believe the problem is the gpu, however it is brand new.

Everything is brand new bar the optical and hard drives. I have run a reliability test on my pc and uninstalled the app crashes but to no avail. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, my new PC build seems to have problems. There are no problems on boot but after a while the screen freezes and there is a short buzzing sound. The usbs for my mouse and keyboard also stop working during this time. Other times, the screen shuts off and the monitor shows no signal whilst there are three long beeps coming from the pc. I believe the problem is the gpu, however it is brand new.

Everything is brand new bar the optical and hard drives. I have run a reliability test on my pc and uninstalled the app crashes but to no avail. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Nov 4, 2019

Just a slight edit. When it turns off the motherboard red lights

Sep 15, 2019
The error is coming from the RAM. Try booting the system with 1 RAM stick if it boots then RUN some test on the motherboard and the CPU using Memtest. 3 Long beeps means RAM error might also be a faulty RAM if that is the case send the RAM to RMA.

Nov 4, 2019
The error is coming from the RAM. Try booting the system with 1 RAM stick if it boots then RUN some test on the motherboard and the CPU using Memtest. 3 Long beeps means RAM error might also be a faulty RAM if that is the case send the RAM to RMA.

Thanks! I shall give it a Check! I think it doesn't beep with the red light, which shows cpu but sometimes there are the beeps so maybe there is a problem with both?

TRENDING THREADS