[SOLVED] PC freezes periodically. Don't know the cause.

Mar 19, 2019
My PC freezes periodically while gaming AND browsing the web. The screen will stay on and freeze frame while the CPU cooler gets increasingly fast. After about 20 seconds, the computer unfreezes and continues normally. How do I fix this?

Speccy screenshot

Solution
Well you are going to have to "catch it in the act", best tool for the job I can think of is the Process Monitor

Download and run, as it updates activity it's appended to the bottom.

After a "freezing" event simply scroll through the log and you should be able to see what was running to cause the issue.
Mar 19, 2019
Well you are going to have to "catch it in the act", best tool for the job I can think of is the Process Monitor

Download and run, as it updates activity it's appended to the bottom.

After a "freezing" event simply scroll through the log and you should be able to see what was running to cause the issue.

It seems like there's a problem with svchost.exe. The results bar for some of them say buffer overflow. What does that mean?

Hmm I am not a malware expert however I do know there are quite a few that attach itself or mask to svchost.exe - I think it would be a good idea to give it a scan in safe mode using the usual gamut of free solutions like Malwarebytes, bitdefender, adaware, superantispyware etc. and see how that goes.