PC freezes randomly a few minutes into gaming.

Aug 7, 2018
Anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes into gaming, my computer decides it wants to hard freeze. It freezes to a point where the only thing I can do is hard crash it. The time varies from game to game, and it doesn't seem to be constant. It would be an hour into playing WoW, or fifteen minutes, or not at all for that gaming session. I've tried everything I can think of, including reformatting my PC twice now to reinstall a fresh install of Windows. Almost everything in my computer is new, but it IS possible that maybe there's a faulty piece in here somewhere. It doesn't ever freeze doing anything like watching youtube or general surfing, only while playing games. I know it's not a PSU issue, because I have a 1200W PSU from EVGA that was just recently replaced. Any ideas what it could be, and any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: Intel I7-8700K
MOBO: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro
RAM: G.SKill FORTIS 16 (2x8GB)
GPU: Strix GeForce GTX 970
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W Platinum

Aug 7, 2018
Haven't had any posts in event viewer that was warning. Everything was just informational and boot info, nothing that gave any warning or errors at all. It isn't a temperature issue, since it's been fairly cool for the past few days.

Aug 7, 2018

I mean all I'm doing is giving you information that you didn't have access to beforehand so that you can help me out.