Question PC Freezes randomly even on igpu

Aug 14, 2022
Hello, this is my first post so please pardon my English.

As the title stated, whenever i use my PC, It'll freeze still at some point (It doesn't shut down just stuck with picture and loud sound left by the game) I built my PC in 2017 with low budget oriented build and it did a great job playing modern title at that time. I mostly played MH:W, Apex Legends and Overwatch with no issue. I only played Genshin Impact and some PS 2 Emulation when this issue surfaced,
It started in February 2022 , my PC suddenly freeze every 2 hours and so when playing a game. As months gone by, my PC would freeze every few minutes after booting, even in BIOS mode! At that point, i lost.
The CPU and GPU temp is normal as usual. I casually checked my PC with HWMonitor.

My PC specs:
CPU Intel Pentium G4560
GPU Sapphire RX 580 4Gb
Mobo ASRock B150m Pro4 Matx
RAM HyperX 2x4Gb @2133 mhz DDR4
SSD RX7 120GB for the system and HDD Seagate 1TB for storage
PSU Seasonic S12ii Bronze 520W
Case Deepcool Matrexx 55 with 4 Fans
*My only upgrade in 5 year only the SSD and some fans.

Troubleshooting i've done:
  1. Boot in safe mode. With one RAM, No GPU, using Intel HD igpu
  2. Fresh install with various version of windows. The issue didn't appear for few days.
  3. Tested my RAM in my friend's system. It seems fine.
  4. Reinstall AMD driver
  5. Change the CMOS battery
  6. SSD seems fine, the SSD is in my old laptop which i'm using to type this post.
  7. I brought my CPU, mobo and PSU to local PC store to test with different system. The tech guy said they were fine.
  8. I don't think this is software related issue. Please CMIIW.

I could test some more of the components but i only only have 1 system.
One thing i found confusing is the other local PC store said the CPU contact pad is shorted with wrong Voltage (I dont understand electricity) Is that even possible?
I hope you can help me. Thank you, Cheers!

One thing i found confusing is the other local PC store said the CPU contact pad is shorted with wrong Voltage (I dont understand electricity) Is that even possible?
This doesn't make much sense and is oddly specific. If some of the CPU's contact pads were shorted the CPU most likely wouldn't work at all. Did they tell you, specifically, which of the contact pads were shorted?

If it's freezing in BIOS this is a hardware issue.
Unplug all drives, have only one RAM stick in the correct RAM slot, remove the GPU (run monitor from the iGPU), and only have the keyboard, monitor and power connected to the motherboard. Boot into BIOS and move around in the menus to see if you can get it to freeze. You'll probably have to do this for hours, rebooting every few minutes, if the freeze is really that random. Also, look around the motherboard SMDs for distended capacitors.

Aug 14, 2022
This doesn't make much sense and is oddly specific. If some of the CPU's contact pads were shorted the CPU most likely wouldn't work at all. Did they tell you, specifically, which of the contact pads were shorted?
He said this particular CPU need certain amount of voltage. He didn't tell me which contact pads were shorted. I'll test my CPU on my friend's PC soon.

If it's freezing in BIOS this is a hardware issue.
Unplug all drives, have only one RAM stick in the correct RAM slot, remove the GPU (run monitor from the iGPU), and only have the keyboard, monitor and power connected to the motherboard. Boot into BIOS and move around in the menus to see if you can get it to freeze. You'll probably have to do this for hours, rebooting every few minutes, if the freeze is really that random. Also, look around the motherboard SMDs for distended capacitors.
Yeah i did all of them, unfortunately they didn't work. I did reset the bios and update the latest patch. The freeze was random, one time it was when installing windows even on BIOS. Sorry but what's SMDs? I don't now much about electricity, please forgive me.