[SOLVED] PC freezes randomly every 10 minutes.

Jun 6, 2020
Hello everyone

About a month ago I started to have freezing issues with my PC.

First here are my specs:
MB Asus H81m-K ----------------------- bought in 2015
CPU
Intel Xeon E3 - 1231v3 ----------- bought in 2015
GPU:
RX 580 8Gb ------------------------ bought in 2019
RAM:
2x 8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram --- bought in 1x 2015 + 1x 2017
PSU:
Corsair VS550 550Watt --------- bought in 2019
Storage:
2x SATA SSD + 1x HDD ----- bought in 2015 + 2017 + 2019
Windows 10 installed on one of the SSDs

Every 10-15 minutes the screen would freeze, it doesn't matter if I am in a game or not.
If I am in a game during the freeze the GPU fans almost stop, and then resume ones the freezing stops.
If the freezing happens while on the desktop or in say, Chrome, then I am able to move the mouse, but cannot click or do anything.

There was no hardware change for the last year or so. So it is not related to anything new in the system.

Thinking that this might be an issue with RAM I have tried another set of 2x 4gb DDR3 rams, but the problem persisted.
One thing I have noticed with RAM is that after changing it, for a couple of hours the freezes would stop, but then after those hours they start to happen again.

Being able to move the mouse made me think this might be a software/driver issue, so I have tried to reinstall Windows as well. Didn't help.
I have checked the temps they are fine, both on heavy load as well as idle.

What can be the cause of this issue? Can it be that my motherboard is dying? I know that it is a very low end one and is rather old...
But before ordering/finding a new motherboard, what else would you recommend to check?
Can freezes like this happen because of the SSD?
I have another, older Corsair VS 650 at home from my brothers old build, could it be a PSU issue?

Thanks everyone.

Solution
Yes, it's most likely a GPU or a motherboard issue. Try changing one each and see if the problem presists. The way it is freezing kinda made me lean towards the motherboard, though.