[SOLVED] PC freezes randomly with DistributedCOM errors logged in Event Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2021
Hello,

I started experience some random freezes on PC with Windows 10 Professional. All system and drivers updated are installed.

Event Viewer shows some yellow warnings about Virtualbox (not running when OS freeze happens)

Code:
The driver detected an internal driver error on \Device\VBoxNetLwf.

and this

Code:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider and APPID
Unavailable to the user DESKTOP-###\### SID (S-1-5-21-3344210391-2933455295-1617445958-1004) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable).
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Would this be the root of the problem?

Reactions: aircrusan
Solution
yes, ram can cause freezes.

dual channel with different voltages
how long you been running both? could try with just 1 and see if it makes any difference. Generally helps to use matching ram if its in dual channel

aircrusan

Commendable
Dec 9, 2018
Hi,

Similar issue here.... Some days go (about 2 weeks) I noticed some random freezing on my win 10 pro.

I have windows an drivers updated. Actually I think it is related with windows update.

I opened a case on windows support channel with no luck at all because they just answered me with the standard solutions;

https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-cómo-solucionar-incidentes-de-bajo/4842ac8a-5dec-47d9-9f06-d97b603a08ad

I check them but they don't solution the issue...

The behaviour is similar to a overload CPU, however the task manager doesn't show any process with high CPU usage so I think that is not the problem.

My specs:

Win 10 pro versión 21H1 v19043.1023
CPU i7 7820X
RAM 32GB DDR4
SSD Samsung EVO 970 500GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti
Mother board Gigabyte X200 AORUS Gaming 3 Pro

I have reboot my windows and entered on secure mode (which loads just the essential drivers) and it seems that then the freezing is gone. However it is a random freeze so maybe it was just a chance.

I apreciate any help...

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi,

Similar issue here.... Some days go (about 2 weeks) I noticed some random freezing on my win 10 pro.

I have windows an drivers updated. Actually I think it is related with windows update.

I opened a case on windows support channel with no luck at all because they just answered me with the standard solutions;

https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-cómo-solucionar-incidentes-de-bajo/4842ac8a-5dec-47d9-9f06-d97b603a08ad

I check them but they don't solution the issue...

The behaviour is similar to a overload CPU, however the task manager doesn't show any process with high CPU usage so I think that is not the problem.

My specs:

Win 10 pro versión 21H1 v19043.1023
CPU i7 7820X
RAM 32GB DDR4
SSD Samsung EVO 970 500GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti
Mother board Gigabyte X200 AORUS Gaming 3 Pro

I have reboot my windows and entered on secure mode (which loads just the essential drivers) and it seems that then the freezing is gone. However it is a random freeze so maybe it was just a chance.

I apreciate any help...
i would suggest you make a new thread of your own, answering other peoples with your own problem isn't ideal as no 2 PC are the same, so it might be a different solution for both.
Also starting new means more people likely to answer.

Apr 17, 2021
Every PC running Win 10 is likely to have DCOM errors. They are windows database errors, Microsoft makes changes and not all of them work.

They aren't cause of errors.

What are specs of the PC?
Sorry for very late reply. Specs is as follow

Intel i7-4770, Asrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0, 16GB RAM (1 x Hynix, 1 x Kingston), Nvidia GTX950, 1 x WDS120G2G0A-00JH30, 1 x HTS543216L9A300, Windows 10 Pro 20H2.

Would memory cause random freezes?RAM

Colif

Win 11 Master

how long you been running both? could try with just 1 and see if it makes any difference. Generally helps to use matching ram if its in dual channel

Solution
Apr 17, 2021

The funny thing is that PC run fine with current configuration for last 2 years without any majors hiccups. I will try to remove one of the memory modules and see how it goes. In a meanwhile I'll download latest Nvidia drivers if they are the root cause of the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

if sticks check out, it might not be them.

answer to this
The driver detected an internal driver error on \Device\VBoxNetLwf.
could be

Hi, I’m Virginia an independent advisor.
Are you running Oracle Virtualbox software? If so try downloading the latest version: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Many are complaining about this on several VB forums so it may be a bug.
link
they also suggest

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

but i doubt its cause of freezes.

what PSU have you got? system about 5 years or more old? parts start to fail around that age.

Apr 17, 2021
In reply to above post I didn't try to test memory. Scanning HDD didn't do any harm or good either.
Speaking of system, yes, it's older than 5 years old.

As I participate in several distributed computing projects employing GPU to do calculations it looks like one of the projects if causing the OS freezes. I will monitor it closely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.