Question Pc freezes randomly

Apr 24, 2019
Hey there. I have built myself a pc about half a year ago. It used to run all fine but now all for sudden it has startet freezing randomly. Usually a few seconds to a few minutes after startup.

PC specs:
I9 9900k
2080ti
16gb ddr4 3000mhz
Asrog maximus formula xi
Rm850x psu

I used to run an OC of 4. 8GHz with 1.3v with no trouble. I have tried resting the oc to base clocks but I still have the same problem...

I have tried resetting all bios settings to default, with nothing changing. My pc still keeps freezing.

I have tried doing a windows reset but unsuccessful. The pc freezes before it can complete.

Apr 24, 2019
i have my windows on a samsung 960evo m.2 ssd 250gb. Mobo running bios version 2.20.1271
I cant run any thing on the pc it self since it will freeze before i can install or run anything

Apr 24, 2019
Unplugging ram and rebooting did nothing with either ram stick.

Sorry for wrong nr.... Bios nr is Ver.0905 but trying to install newer version atm. Ver. 1302

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
Yes. In safemode i was able to play arround without crashing. At least not in a minute or two. Then i did the restart. I have not tried staying in safemode for longer

Apr 24, 2019
It said it couldnt repair widnwos. After, i succesfully reset windows to an earlier date and so far i can go in games an play without freezes. 10 minutes and counting now. Before it started happening i have not changed any hardware, and as far as i know of, only updated graphics driver

It said it couldnt repair widnwos. After, i succesfully reset windows to an earlier date and so far i can go in games an play without freezes. 10 minutes and counting now. Before it started happening i have not changed any hardware, and as far as i know of, only updated graphics driver
Yes there you go it was probably the graphics driver was wrong for your hardware. Restoring it to an earlier date probably removed it.

Apr 24, 2019
The problem seems to back. Now with a freeze after more screentime though. About an hour or 2. I dont belive that my overclock is wrong since i can run cpu benchmarks with no problem. The freeze is random. Seems like i will have to make a clean install of windows...