Question Pc freezes randomly

ANimalGoneWild

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
When playing r6 it randomly freezes then game crashes also sometimes when using chrome it freezes for 30sec then works normally. Idk what to do. I recently upgraded mobo and ram. Pc specs Gtx 1080 ti gpu, Corsair dominator 4x8 3600mhz ram, thermaltake 850w psu, ryzen 5 2600 cpu x570 pro wifi mobo. I have tried reinstalling windows and deleting all files still didn’t work. Pleas help I’m losing my brain been trying to fix for 2 days.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 850W is the wattage of said unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU? You might be the 5th thread I've responded to with Rainbow 6: Siege causing a reboot, or lockup or horrible frame rates.

I'm beginning to think that the game is really horrible with the latest and prior patch.

Regardless, did you reinstall the OS after you made a motherboard upgrade? Speaking of which, what was your prior system specs and what are your specs now? We should be seeing two sets of specs. Lastly, what OS version are you currently on?

ANimalGoneWild

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
Psu : Thermaltake 850W Toughpower GF1 80+ Gold Power Supply (PS-TPD-0850FNFAGA-1) about 11 months old.
I initially didn’t reinstall OS after mobo install however I did try a windows reinstall and wiped all files but that didn’t fix the issue. Basically before I was using a b450m pro 4-f mobo with some hyperx 3200mhz 2x8 memory otherwise everything else the same.

Also added a 24pin and gpu pin cable extension for psu