Question PC freezes right after power on

Alexcola89

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2015
Right after I power my computer on i get the screen where I can press Delete/F11 to either go into bios or go into Boot selection, but it freezes here. I can go into bios and change settings, but once i save and exit it reboots and freezes again. I have tried unplugging my power cable as well as all my all my keyboard, mouse, headphones etc. I can go into boot select but as soon as i select either my OS boot drive or my recovery USB drive, it freezes again.

I actually finally was able to just get in but it took about 30 reboots. I am just going to leave it on for tonight, but where should I look for T/S? i have absolutely no idea. SSD issue? Windows OS issue? Mobo?
Now that I am loaded in everything seems TOTALLY normal. It actually did this once a few weeks ago, but it only took like 2 reboots to fix.

System specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/fTOs6Q7xE63M1nWfBL5E7ZR

Updates: I updated my bios to the newest version, updated my PC to the newest version of Windows 10 and disabled XMP profile on my ram and it happened again.
I also ran an SFC /SCANNOW and no issues found. And according to my samsung magician app my SSD is in good health.

After that I replaced my CMOS battery and reseated my GPU and RAM. I will test it more tomorrow and see if any of these things happened to fix.

Last edited: