PC Freezes then Blue Screens! Please Help!

timmv

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Hi, I have a 3 year old HP P6310y desktop. The PC often freezes when playing games and often blue screens. Then while watching Youtube it has minor freezing, almost never happens. I've checked the RAM and the RAM is good. I took off the cover of the PC and put a little AC fan to cool it. I quickly noticed improvement, surfing the web doesn't freeze along with Youtube but I still have an issue with playing games. SEEMS AS IF IT'S AN OVER-HEATING ISSUE. After playing games the PC starts to lag then freezes following up with a blue screen (freezing and blue screen happens RANDOMLY). Please help me solve this problem, here are my Specs: Athlon II X4 CPU, no GPU (Took out my graphics card thinking it was the potential freezing, but it wasn't), 6GB RAM, Pegatron MOBO, and a 450 watt PSU. NOTE: This problem occurred for 8 months. ///Thanks in advance!

timmv

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I've already reapplied the thermal paste many times, no use. Although the processor could be ruined and the thermal paste won't help since it could be fried.
Top screenshot of CPU TEMP while doing no gaming:

Bottom screenshot of CPU TEMP while gaming (CoD4):

Seems like the CPU is fine (not sure), could the freezing and blue screens be my mobo?

timmv

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Alright! I figured out the problem after hours of research! Everything was running perfectly except my integrated graphics card. I installed a software called "Speccy". It monitors the temp of the components in your systems like the CPU, GPU, MOBO, etc. Something that stood out was the temperature of the Integrated Graphics, it read 55C and the computer was idling! Also I opened the cover to my PC and put a fan on high and it was 55C with the fan running on maximum. If I took the fan away the temp would sky rocket to 70C. Since the Integrated Graphics are part of my mobo, that means I might as well get a new mobo to solve the FREEZING AND BLUE SCREENS.

MY MOBO: (Owned by ASUS) PEGATRON Corporation VIOLET6
Integrated Graphics: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9100 (HP)
HP Model: P6310y

If you want more info. on this problem GO HERE: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332387-30-integrated-overheating-fracking-things

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS