[SOLVED] PC Freezes, then BSODs after 10-15 min of playing games

Jan 13, 2022
Hey guys first post here!

My issue is that every time I boot a game, this happens with every game I've been playing so far but mostly with Monster Hunter World and Monster Hunter Rise,
after around 15 minutes the game music stops, then almost instantly my entire PC freezes, then if I wait a couple more minutes I am met with a BSOD with an "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION"

I've tried sfc /scannow in command prompt
I've fresh installed windows twice
For some reason this BSOD doesn't get stored by BlueScreenView.exe
Please let me know if you need more data, not sure what the issue could be!

Here are my specs:
MB: MSI Mortar B450 Titanium
GPU: RTX 2060
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 1x 8gb Vengence ddr4
SSD: Colorful 512gb NVME SSD <-- Windows is on this one
SSD: Kingston 256 SSD

Solution
Hi, welcome to toms :)

open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
2 paragraphs pop up, agree to run at restart
restart PC and let it check drive

can run same check on other ssd, just change C: to drive letter of it.

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
store in unexpected store exception used by CPU to track locations of...

Colif

Win 11 Master

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
store in unexpected store exception used by CPU to track locations of files in virtual memory.
they in 2 places, ram or storage
since your not getting dumps every time, it could be the drive itself.
Download crystaldiskinfo (blue buttons) and check drives SMART scores - https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

Try running memtest86 on your ram stick, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 13, 2022

store in unexpected store exception used by CPU to track locations of files in virtual memory.
they in 2 places, ram or storage
since your not getting dumps every time, it could be the drive itself.
Download crystaldiskinfo (blue buttons) and check drives SMART scores - https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

Try running memtest86 on your ram stick, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Hi again!

I ran the chkdsk c: /f command on both drives and upon restarting a scan was done and I assume what ever was wrong missing was repaired.
Here's a dropbox link to a txt file where I copied and pasted what command prompt returned: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqr7zw3ya0ccnrw/chkdskA.txt?dl=0

I also found one error on memtest86 where an unexpected value was returned.
I used to have 2 RAM sticks in my system but after thinking it was a ram issue I took one out that was returning errors on Memtest.
Now I have the other one in and that too returns errors. Isn't it unlikely that both RAM sticks are faulty?

Here's the link to my minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdoay8kldlah3tr/010622-5171-01.zip?dl=0

Here is what CrystalDisk says about my two drives
View: https://i.imgur.com/EOdhtZH.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/S4Jwy7N.png

Not sure what to do next.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/y9pxf4Lc/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010622-5171-01.dmp (Jan 6 2022 - 08:30:13)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: memtest.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes indicate an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I used to have 2 RAM sticks in my system but after thinking it was a ram issue I took one out that was returning errors on Memtest.
Now I have the other one in and that too returns errors. Isn't it unlikely that both RAM sticks are faulty?
If the 2nd stick returns errors, it shows that both sticks could be bad. they can go bad over time, its something I learned even though I didn't believe it myself.
Since its corsair ram, do you have proof of purchase?
If you can show them it fails Memtest, that is normally enough for them to replace both sticks.

Try using ram that doesn't create any errors. Any bsod results found while you have sticks that cause errors aren't really trustworthy.

so you got a memory management error while running the windows memory checker
it happened after PC tried to get info from ram, it wasn't there, it accessed the page file on ssd, read that page and then crashed.

Jan 13, 2022
If the 2nd stick returns errors, it shows that both sticks could be bad. they can go bad over time, its something I learned even though I didn't believe it myself.
Since its corsair ram, do you have proof of purchase?
If you can show them it fails Memtest, that is normally enough for them to replace both sticks.

Try using ram that doesn't create any errors. Any bsod results found while you have sticks that cause errors aren't really trustworthy.

so you got a memory management error while running the windows memory checker
it happened after PC tried to get info from ram, it wasn't there, it accessed the page file on ssd, read that page and then crashed.
Found the issue!
The NVME was bad, when moving data from the NVME to RAM it would not always write to RAM properly.

Took the NVME out and moved everything to my sata SSD and now I went from crashing every time I booted any heavy app to now no crashes at all.

Reactions: Colif