[SOLVED] PC freezes, then have to reboot while starting up a game.

stinkycreature1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
The computer freezes - never unfreezes within 30 seconds - 1 minute into game. I am not sure why this is occuring as I never had this problem yesterday till now. My disk usage is under 100%, game is using my ram, and I ran a memory test. It is not faulty. Sometimes it somehow unfreezes but crashes the game altogether with a message "Radeon Wattman Settings Power Failure". Is it possible that I don't have enough power? I am using a 500 watt PSU

My Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Ram: GSkill 2x4 2400 MHZ
Storage: Regular Seagate HDD
Graphics Card: ASUS Expedition Edition OC Rx 570 4GB
PSU: Corsair VS500 Watts White

Edit: I forgot to mention when I start up the game, it runs it perfectly fine for 30 seconds to 1 minute then it freezes and I have to hit the reset button on my case.

Last edited:
Solution
Not at all, a 550W is more than enough for an RX. In fact a 2080ti can run on a good quality 650W VERY easily.
However, your VS is one of the older versions I believe.

The VS is Corsairs lowest quality unit ( as it's their most budget friendly unit ) and this applies to the older versions especially.

DOes the freeing only occur in a game/under load?
Have you monitored GPU/CPU temperatures under load?
Do you have latest drivers installed (including MB and Chipset) not using a driver updater also.
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not at all, a 550W is more than enough for an RX. In fact a 2080ti can run on a good quality 650W VERY easily.

The VS is Corsairs lowest quality unit ( as it's their most budget friendly unit ) and this applies to the older versions especially.

Do you have latest drivers installed (including MB and Chipset) not using a driver updater also.

Solution

stinkycreature1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019

Sorry for late response. I fixed it by underclocking my gpu. Idk how that worked.