Question PC freezes under light load ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 1, 2021
my pc has started freezing randomly when under minimal loads even when just using chrome, it happens about 2-3 times in like 4 hours. When the pc freezes i have to force restart it, it has also once made the entire main monitor yellow which is why i think it has something to do with my GPU?
I've had this PC for about 30 months.

spec list:
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390 Plus
Ram: Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 RGB PRO
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Dual 8GB GDDR6 CPU
Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum RGB 240mm
SSD: Samsung 970EVO 500GB HDD:
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM010 1TB
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W 80plus gold

from what i can see it doesnt overheat either.

Mar 1, 2021
I was under the impression that a crash in prime 95 signified a failed/failing part but those do look ominous. Can anyone else on the forum provide some insight? (Id also suggest just googling the errors and see what you find.) You could try reducing your cpu clocks and power by a bit to see if you can get it stable at a lower performance threshold

i found some dude on nvidia i think that got the same problems but he had overclocked his cpu with too little power from the psu i think, maybe my psu has just startet failing recently?

found some more everytime someone had the problem its because they oc'd with too little power it seems like