Hi,
I have a windows 10 pc
4tb hdd
1tb hdd
750gb hdd
2x 2gb 1333 ddr3 ram
i5 g2130 @3.20ghz
Asus b75m-a motherboard

My pc keeps feezing and have tried so many things to solve this. It usually happens when watching videos the video freezes and audio makes a horrible sound. I originally thought it was the ram so I took out both mine and borrowed a friend's 2gb 1600hz ram stick and this actually made it stop freezing but still does freeze occasionally like when making a bootable usb and transferring the files while watching a video. When I plug in the mix of the borrowed one and either of my original ram but it freezes more regularly. So I bought an 8gb ddr3 1600hz and put it with the borrowed 2gb and it kept freezing even more so I tried just having the brand new one in the slot that I know works pretty well with the borrowed ram. But the new ram also makes the pc freeze. So now I'm thinking might be another issue and not the ram? But still don't understand why the borrowed ram barely freezes but all the rest do so often. I have ran the ram test and windows detects no problems, I have re installed Windows on 2 of my hdds and same issues. I have uploaded a picture of openhardware monitor of when it freezes hoping that high help identify the problem this is with the borrowed ram and one of my original ram sticks:
View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uyeOf1e
I really want to use more then 2gb of ram, I have restarted cmos, upgraded bios and this hasn't helped either, only using my friends ram I borrowed works

Any help would be appreciated as it is really frustrating me!
Thanks

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please don't mix and match rams. Use one stick of ram and see if the issue crops up. How old is your PSU? Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

Apr 25, 2019
It works with single 2gb that I have borrowed 2gb ddr3 1600hz, but not with my own 2gb 1333hz ddr3. I bought a new 8gb single ddr3 1600hz and have just placed that one in by itself no mix and match and it freezes more often. I have tried both slots. Yes bios is updated to the latest avaliable. Psu is probably 5 years old, same with the rest of the parts besides the new ram that I can't get to work. Thanks