Question PC freezes when accessing second internal SSD

Aug 5, 2022
(Windows 10)
I recently got a WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD for additional storage and installed it, currently has ~260 gigs of video files on it. Whenever I'm viewing the files in file explorer, it freezes my entire PC and I have to restart it. I thought it was a corrupted file, ran the SFC /Scannow command as well as DISM tool, both said it found corrupted files it successfully repaired but I'm still having the issue even after restarting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

If the drive came that way with files on it, might want to run malwarebytes to see if there are any stowaways...also, see if using WD's app shows the drive to have any firmware updates pending.

Make and model of your motherboard and the processor paired to said motherboard? Also, for the sake of relevance, what other drive are you working with and what is your current BIOS version for the motherboard?

Aug 5, 2022
All the files on it right now are mine, there was nothing on it when I got it, sorry for the confusion, as far as I know it's not a virus (I do regular scans on everything)

ASRock B450M Gaming motherboard, BIOS version American Megatrends Inc. P1.50 (10/14/2019)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
I have C and D drives that came with the PC (prebuilt), the S drive (the one that's freezing) is one I added after the fact, so three hard drives in total. My computer works perfectly fine otherwise, it only freezes when I try to view the drive in any way.