[SOLVED] PC Freezes when doing activities

BasicConcept

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
Hello,

I recently started having the problem where my PC keeps freezing from time to time no matter what I try to open. Windows Start Button, Windows Explorer, a calculator, opening a program, browsing, etc.

Every time I do an action it freezes. My CPU and Ram is not at 100% but its close to 90%, which however, is already normal since I use a bunch of programs and I never experienced freezes even when my CPU or RAM is close to 90%.

The only thing that I have changed is that I stopped using Opera and installed Microsoft Edge instead but I doubt that this is the cause. I ran CCleaner and cleaned everything but no success.

Could anyone advice anything?

EDIT: I closed all of my programs, just left a few and checked my core temperature. Its around 60 C degrees while the CPU usage is at 16%. Could that be an issue? At the same times when I close most of my programs, I do not experience freezes.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: Make, model, capacity, how full?

Use Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Process Explorer to observe what apps, etc. are consuming CPU and RAM.

(You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website.)

Also look in Task Manager > Startup for unexpected/unknown apps being launched. Task Scheduler may also prove helpful if the freezes seem to be "triggered" in some manner.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: Make, model, capacity, how full?

Use Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Process Explorer to observe what apps, etc. are consuming CPU and RAM.

(You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website.)

Also look in Task Manager > Startup for unexpected/unknown apps being launched. Task Scheduler may also prove helpful if the freezes seem to be "triggered" in some manner.

Solution