Question PC Freezes when loading into or closing games?

darrianbrown27

Reputable
Jan 25, 2018
So I have had this issue for over a month, my pc has been fine the last year and randomly over the last month it will freeze, I can still hear people in Discord and they can hear me but everything else is frozen, I cannot open any program and Im forced to restart my pc using the power button. Each time it happens I am either loading into a game or closing a game. I get no error or anything in the event log when I look so no help there either. I have tried every form of troubleshooting I can find online like checking drivers, Bios, updates you name it. I think I have narrowed it down to games being the cause since it just happened recently when I tried to Alt-F4 out of a game. The other times were when I was loading into a game. I have a RTX 2070S, Ryzen 7 2700x and 16gb DDR4. Thanks.

So I have had this issue for over a month, my pc has been fine the last year and randomly over the last month it will freeze, I can still hear people in Discord and they can hear me but everything else is frozen, I cannot open any program and Im forced to restart my pc using the power button. Each time it happens I am either loading into a game or closing a game. I get no error or anything in the event log when I look so no help there either. I have tried every form of troubleshooting I can find online like checking drivers, Bios, updates you name it. I think I have narrowed it down to games being the cause since it just happened recently when I tried to Alt-F4 out of a game. The other times were when I was loading into a game. I have a RTX 2070S, Ryzen 7 2700x and 16gb DDR4. Thanks.
Did you run chkdsk and disk health in general ?