Question PC freezes when playing games

May 4, 2021
I recently changed pc cases because my last case had horrible air flow. But when I was done transferring all the parts and tried to play CS-GO. the game randomly freezes when joining matches, alt tabbing and at random times. After that I updated all my drivers but nothing changed. not only does this happen on CS-GO, but also on rainbow six siege, overwatch and rocket league. Can anyone help me with this problem.

PC specs
Intel Core i7 8700
msi Gtx 1080 armour 8GB
Asus Prime z370-P
Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB
Samsung 860 EVO Series 500GB
Seagate Barracude ST2000DM006 2TB
corsair Hydro H55
Be quiet! system power 9 600W
NZXT H510

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system locks up when taxed and only when taxed, it's probable that the PSU might be incapable of delivering necessary power to all components in your build. How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if reinstalling the game resolves the issue. If the issue is persistent with all other titles, the perhaps try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall using the latest drivers from Nvidia. Install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

May 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system locks up when taxed and only when taxed, it's probable that the PSU might be incapable of delivering necessary power to all components in your build. How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to see if reinstalling the game resolves the issue. If the issue is persistent with all other titles, the perhaps try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall using the latest drivers from Nvidia. Install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

My pc is 2,5 years old, never had any issues before I swapped cases. I tried the DDU but nothing changed.

My pc is 2,5 years old, never had any issues before I swapped cases. I tried the DDU but nothing changed.
Make sure that all PSU cables are seated firmly in their respective locations. Try reseating the graphics card. Try reseating the RAM. If it were the PSU typically the entire system would restart if there were a power delivery problem. I would suggest getting a new PSU to test in the system, but I don't wanna get roasted again. If you do get a new PSU to test just know that this may or may not solve your issues and its your responsibility to be aware of all your local return policies at PC component resellers.

May 4, 2021
Make sure that all PSU cables are seated firmly in their respective locations. Try reseating the graphics card. Try reseating the RAM. If it were the PSU typically the entire system would restart if there were a power delivery problem. I would suggest getting a new PSU to test in the system, but I don't wanna get roasted again. If you do get a new PSU to test just know that this may or may not solve your issues and its your responsibility to be aware of all your local return policies at PC component resellers.

I found out that when is start up the game my SSD spikes to 100%. Maybe that is the problem. looking for solutions right now.

I found out that when is start up the game my SSD spikes to 100%. Maybe that is the problem. looking for solutions right now.
That is completely normal. Your computer searches the SSD when a computer loads the data for the games assests and programing which in turn increases the usage of the storage device the game is located in. The usage is measured in data bandwidth of megabytes per second which is usually, for SSDs, in the 100s or even 1000s per second range.

May 4, 2021
Its working now. I unplugged my SSD and put it back. now my games are working perfect again. thnx for all you guys your help. don't know how it worked but im not complaining :)