Question PC Freezes While Gaming, Forcing Hard Shut-Down

Ledyba

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
During gameplay, my PC will freeze with looping audio (buzzing sound) and I am forced to hard shut-down my PC. I've encountered this with Fallout 76, PSO2 and Tekken 7. I've not encountered this issue with any other game I have played. I've tried reinstalling my GPU drivers, running the memory diagnostics tool, checking for Windows updates and monitoring my temperatures. Everything seems to be in order, so I'm at a complete loss as to what could be the problem. I am not overclocking. There is no BSOD. I see nothing in the Event Viewer related to a crash except that the PC restarted unexpectedly. Just frozen displays. Any idea what else I could check?

B450M PRO-M2
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 5500 XT
860 EVO (Win and games)
ST500DM002 (Junk)

sds20020024

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019
Okay try deleting the old drivers and then reinstall them again and see if anything gets fixed.
Maybe try reseating the GPU.
Do you monitor your CPU usage, temps, GPU temps and RAM usage during gaming?
Do that and see if you find anything suspicious.

Doing a fresh windows install will certainly fix any problems that aren't being caused by your GPU or any other hardware itself.

Last edited:

Ledyba

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Okay try delete the old drivers and then reinstall them again and see if anything gets fixed.
Maybe try reseating the GPU.
Do you monitor your CPU usage, temps, GPU temps and RAM usage during gaming?
Do that and see if you find anything suspicious.

Doing a fresh windows install will certainly fix any problems that aren't being caused by your GPU or any other hardware itself.

I've tried everything except reseating. I'll do that, today. I may just do a fresh Windows install today to be sure it's nothing on the software side.