Jun 6, 2020
Hi! So I just built my PC a week ago but it freezes whenever I play games, once it does I have to force reboot it. It happens randomly. Do you have any ideas what might cause it. I do not have any BSOD prompts once this is happening.

Here are the things I have tried so far.
  • Flash BIOS to latest version - all default settings no overclocking
  • Install latest drivers and windows updates
  • Install latest NVIDIA drivers
  • Install latest motherboard drivers and utilities
  • installed drivers using driver easy
  • Ran MS driver verifier and windows keeps on restarting after every successful boot and sometimes even though I delete my driver verifier settings. I had to perform a clean install of windows again.
  • Reset windows 10 installation
  • Re-seat components
  • Ran memory diagnostic test - no issue
  • Ran sfc /scannow - no issue
  • Remove wifi card and use LAN Cable instead.
  • Disable HD Audio Controller in BIOS
Here are my specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 2004
Intel i7-9700k
MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6GB
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240RS RGB
MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Samsung NVME M.2 970 Evo 250GB
Samsung SATA SSD 860 1TB
Seasonic focus 80+ Gold 650W
ASUS PCE-AC68 Wifi Card

onespeedbiker

Estimable
Apr 13, 2019
It certainly sounds like a driver conflict. Programs like Driver easy are renown for causing such issues; just manually install the drivers available from the manufacturers. If possible I would do a clean install, sans Driver Easy and see if the problems remain. If you would rather not, you could try a clean boot, https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10 and see if the problems disappear and then start adding start up programs until you find the culprit(s).

Jun 6, 2020
It certainly sounds like a driver conflict. Programs like Driver easy are renown for causing such issues; just manually install the drivers available from the manufacturers. If possible I would do a clean install, sans Driver Easy and see if the problems remain. If you would rather not, you could try a clean boot, https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10 and see if the problems disappear and then start adding start up programs until you find the culprit(s).
Hi @onespeedbiker, I've tried running a clean boot then ran Fortnite it was running for 5 hours smooth until I get the same PC freezing.. Though this time there is a BSOD please see below:

On Sun 6/7/2020 10:18:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2!vidmminterface+0x34a30)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80552AFA318, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

onespeedbiker

Estimable
Apr 13, 2019
Was 5 hours better than before? I do not know how to effectively decipher crash dump files, but there are many on the forum that do. Hopefully they will chime in and be able to steer you in the right direction.

Jun 6, 2020
Was 5 hours better than before? I do not know how to effectively decipher crash dump files, but there are many on the forum that do. Hopefully they will chime in and be able to steer you in the right direction.
Will try and look within the Forums for that. Thanks for your input.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS