Question PC freezes while playing some games

Apr 22, 2019
After 2-3 hours, sometimes less, of playing games such as PUBG Lite or Skyrim it makes this weird sound and it freezes completely so i have to manually restart it...sometimes it freezes and shuts off by itself also...I'm using Windows 7. Specs:

Machine name: KOMP
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190320-1700)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/08/13 13:20:22 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8156MB RAM
Page File: 6477MB used, 9677MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Apr 22, 2019
i got it on a CD from my brother...
i'm really a noob for all of this, so how can i provide you with more info? if you don't wanna bother with me i'll understand

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i got it on a CD from my brother...
i'm really a noob for all of this, so how can i provide you with more info? if you don't wanna bother with me i'll understand

It doesn't help that you likely have a pirated install. That can cause issues. You should talk to your brother and ask how he got it. It's very rare to see Windows Ultimate in consumer PCs and even legit copies don't allow you to just share with others.

In the case that this is a pirated install, the first thing to do is to wipe the hard drive and install a full, fresh copy of a legal Windows edition. Then re-evaluate your situation.

As to the parts, you can use tools like Speccy, but things like power supply, you need to either ask your brother or open up the PC and look at it.