skitso

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Win2000 SP3
Tb 1,2 ghz
256 ram
geforce 4 4200 with detonators 41.03
abit kt7a

My pc works fine even for more days if I use office application or just stay in windows, but if I start a game (3d or not) the pc freezes in a little time, It will be 2 minutes or 1 hour but it freezes every time and I can only turn it off.
I tried to update mainboard bios, graphics drivers and via 4in1 drivers, I tested ram to be sure that is working correctly but problem still exist.

I don't know what to do now... please help me!

skitso

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Voltages
nominal / found by VIA HWMonitor

3.3V / 3.43
5V / 4.98
12V / 11.89

I tried also to set the vcore to 1.8V but the problem is the same

lespaul

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i had this same problem, after a reformat i found out that whenever i install an anti-virus program, it causes this..Before format, i used McAfee, froze all the time just like you described. After format, i installed my games, they all worked beautifully. Then i installed Norton Systemworks 2003... first time i started up one of my games after installing it, it locked up. I uninstalled it, it hasn't locked up once.
This is a huge problem because i NEED anti-virus software on my machine, but i need to figure out a way to not fuxor up my games (cause that's my main use for PC)

There's got to be something causing a lockup that you can tweak/edit/disable to make it stop. I just don't know what *sighs*
This is a job for Toejam..he's a genius

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LesPaul on 11/19/02 10:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>