Question PC Freezes with new GPU and PSU ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajsus

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
So I recently upgraded my system with a new GPU and PSU. First few days everything was fine and then random freezes started, like complete freeze where windows would not respond. I completely reinstalled Win11 and went back now to Win10 but still having issues. I do not get a BSOD or any kind of an error in the Event Viewer. There is not exact time when this
My specs are:
Ryzen 5600x
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming
32 (4x8GB) Kingston 3200Mhz
Gigabyte RX 6900 XT (Brand new)
NZXT C850 PSU (Brand new)
2x Sata 240GB SSDs
1x HDD 1TB

So far what I have tried as I am unable to reproduce the issue:
  • Ran multiple benchmark and stress tools to see if the issue is going to happen (AIDA64, OCCT, FurMark and etc) no freezes.
  • Tried 2x8 GB RAM only in slots 2 and 4 aswell as 1 and 3. same issue would happen.
  • Ran Windows Memory diagnostics no errors.
  • Updated BIOS on the Motherboard and the GPU.
  • I am using 3 separate PSU cables to power the GPU.
  • Tried Recommended and Optional Drivers,
As I have read there are some issues with AMD and dual monitor, so I tried a single monitor and still it would freeze.
(I googled alot of this and tried numerous things from other tomshardware posts)

I am out of Ideas I suspect there is an issue with one of the new components, but I am unable to currently obtain an additional PSU to test. As for the GPU I can test a 1050 TI but that one does not use external power so I do not know if it would be a reliable test.

Dajsus

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
Just to add update here, Issue is still happening.
Tested with another GPU and another PSU. GPU that I tested with was 3060 TI and the PSU is MSI MPG A750GF.
Replaced the motherboard, RAM and CPU with:
Asus TUF B650 Plus Wifi
Ryzen 7 7700X
And Kingston 5200 MHz RAM.

I moved everything from standard SATA SSD to a NVMe same results cuz I got a new Samsung EVO 980

Currently I am testing moving the PC to another wall socket just to see if the current power bar is maybe causing something.

Dajsus

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
I am slowly running out of ideas. Last few I have are:
Maybe something is causing a short so I am going to remove fans and SATA drives.
The odd thing is issues started when I installed a new PSU and GPU. And I have tried replacing both but the issue still persists.

Dajsus

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
Still having the problems and it is starting to heavily irritate. Anyone to add any step? Only thing that I notice is this happens often when switching from one monitor to another with the mouse.

Dajsus

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
To add tested with ROG THOR 1200W Platinum II as well same issues.
Everything in the build was replaced except;
AIO Kraken X53 and the case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS