PC Freezes with stripes and buzzing sound when gaming

Oct 5, 2018
I have a problem, when I am playing mainly heavy load games, my pc crashes with the gray screen or stripes, i can surface on internet or see videos in 1440+ tottaly fine, I already changed the PSU for a 750w Corsair and it did not solve the problem, the strange thing is that it is completely random, it can happen in 1h playing or not playing all day.
will instability in the home's electricity have anything to do with it?
CPU FX 6300
AMD R9 280 dual x Saphire.
Mem Kingston 8GB.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
More often than not it's a driver issue to do with legacy motherboard audio drivers and windows10 Creators updates. I'd advise installing not only the latest possible bios for that board, but also any individual chipset drivers for USB, Sata, Lan and audio at least. If you have to (if it's a kinda old audio driver) visit the Realtek website for the newest one.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What hardware? The gpu is physically making a noise? Are the fans messed up and not spinning as they should? Gpus don't get very hot usually when just doing normal stuff like surfing, but will easily max out temps with busted fans, worn out bearings, fans freezing up and not even spinning but trying to etc.

Find the exact source of the noise, it's probably a bad fan if it's hardware and gpu temps are causing artifacts.

What 750W Corsair PSU?

How is it connected to the GPU exactly?

Oct 5, 2018

corsair CX 750.

conected with PCI express 16x and one 6 pin and one 8 pin, what is expected.

Using 1 or 2 cables?

The CX Series isn't exactly all that great in the 1st place.