Question PC freezing and monitors glitching

MarcusPH

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I have semi-recently started having problems with my PC. I have a double monitor setup and have issues when I have one application running in full-screen and the other monitor is playing video. I have attached a video clip, in the clip I am playing TFT on Windowed Borderless and am watching my friend play GTA on the other monitor. When I click from monitor to monitor, the issue occurs as can be seen in the video. Sometimes the displays also just freeze but I can still hear audio from Discord (though my friends won't be able to hear me when I speak) and then I am forced to restart as it doesn't unfreeze. This leads me to think its a GPU issue, though I spent a lot of money on the GPU and I am not keen to get a new one.

Video link for problem

I don't think it is an issue with the monitors I have as I cannot replicate the issue when I am working from home and plug my work laptop into the displays with the same cables. I have updated my GPU drivers and my display drivers didn't need an update, I honestly don't even know what to google to try and search for some answers.

My specs are:
GPU - AMD RX-6800XT
Motherboard - Aorus X570 AM4
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X

Does anyone have any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of your PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

Might want to try and run DDU to uninstall all your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.