[SOLVED] PC freezing at times.

mekyle99

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys, recently my PC has been a lot slower and has even started freezing at times. Thing is, it's a decently strong PC (in my opinion of course), being an i5-8600k paired with a GTX1070 and 16GB ram. I don't have an SSD which I know things will be slower loading from HDD etc., but it wasn't always this bad. Even tried virus scans and nothing. My memory usage averages around 30 - 50%, and my CPU usage goes to 70% at its highest, even when gaming. Maybe there's just something I'm missing here.

Solution
Im guessing its the HDD. You really should consider getting an SSD (250 GB would be ideal but can also do 120 GB if you are on a budget) as a boot drive as its very affordable to get one now. Also do install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD and download the latest updates. Format your HDD and use it to store your games and files.

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
Im guessing its the HDD. You really should consider getting an SSD (250 GB would be ideal but can also do 120 GB if you are on a budget) as a boot drive as its very affordable to get one now. Also do install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD and download the latest updates. Format your HDD and use it to store your games and files.

Solution