Pc Freezing, bluescreens and restarts

Michailpg

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
Hello, this is my very first post here. This month my pc has become inaccessible. My problems are:

• ■ PC freezes randomly during browsing, it also makes a horrible sound that comes from speakers, it freezes even in BIOS regularly.
    ■ It restarts by itself
    ■ There are a lot of blue-screens which all of them refer to memory allocation and management problems
    ■ It wont even boot sometimes
I have noticed that the problem is not software related since the problem remains in linux mint. The computer also loses time. What i have already done:

• ■ Ran intel-burn test, the cpu succeeded both at standard and high preset.
    ■ Ran heaven benchmark, the gpu scored 44 avg fps at ultra preset and 1080p.
    ■Ran memtest86. The PC doesnt even boot in slot 1. In slot 2 there were 30 errors in first pass, all of them at test #9. In slot 3 there were no errors with 3 passes but the problem remains.
    [8] Checked temperatures with hwmonitor and they were all normal.
What do you think is the problem? Can the cmos battery be the cause? Today i am going to borrow a single kit of ram to see if mine is broken.

Specs:
MB:MSI 760G-P43 (i know it was a bad choice since i play a lot of games)
CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: MUSKHIN 8gb 1600Mhz, single kit
GPU: GTX-660 2gb
PSU: Coolermaster 600W (I think is the thunder model)
SSD: HyperX savage 240gb
HDD: Toshiba 500gb 7200rpm

Solution
Have you made any changes to BIOS? (overclocking, voltages, etc.?) If not, and your system is freezing in BIOS, then you've probably got some hardware issues. If you are losing time than your BIOS battery is probably dead. This would just reset the time and BIOS settings though. It would not cause the issues you are experiencing.
If you know how to work on computers, open up the system and double check the RAM, video card, every connector (data/power), and make sure you plugged in all aux pwr connectors (video card and MB). If you already did this - do it again. I'll admin that I, myself, have missed a loose RAM stick on more than one occasion.
All of this could be due to a bad power supply as well. You might want to head to your local...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If the pc "loses time" as you call it is it time to change the motherboard battery to a new one. This also keeps settings in the bios up to date,might want to set the bios to optimal default valeus after that and check time and date as well.
Maybe this will help on it's own.

Have you made any changes to BIOS? (overclocking, voltages, etc.?) If not, and your system is freezing in BIOS, then you've probably got some hardware issues. If you are losing time than your BIOS battery is probably dead. This would just reset the time and BIOS settings though. It would not cause the issues you are experiencing.
If you know how to work on computers, open up the system and double check the RAM, video card, every connector (data/power), and make sure you plugged in all aux pwr connectors (video card and MB). If you already did this - do it again. I'll admin that I, myself, have missed a loose RAM stick on more than one occasion.
All of this could be due to a bad power supply as well. You might want to head to your local computer store and 'borrow' a really good one (buy it and return it after testing).

Solution