Question PC freezing, but the mouse still moves

Jan 22, 2021
www.twitch.tv
I've had my PC since late october and it started to freeze wierdly in november, I got some help for it on the techsource discord, and it was fine for a week, it started again and now the guy's stumped. It's mostly in-game but recently its happening out of game. My mouse can still move, but the PC stops all animations other than the windows button* (eg. taskbar doesn't highlight when mouse hovers over it). I can still click on things for a matter of time though, and any pop-out windows freeze in place. I can sometimes use ctrl, win, d and always use ctrl, alt, del, but none of things in it's menu work. I always have to kill the PC.

Any help accepted!

Specs: R5 2600X, GTX 1650S, 16Gb 3200MHz RAM, B-450F Gaming MOBO

*Windows button also can pop up

It sounds like something is grabbing all of your cpu resources.

Have you run a full system virus scan ?

Try leaving Task Manager running on the Performance tab and sort for CPU use to see whats grabbing all of the cpu resources. When the system starts slowing down ALT Tab out of whatever you're doing and see what Task Manager shows.

Jan 22, 2021
www.twitch.tv
It sounds like something is grabbing all of your cpu resources.

Have you run a full system virus scan ?

Try leaving Task Manager running on the Performance tab and sort for CPU use to see whats grabbing all of the cpu resources. When the system starts slowing down ALT Tab out of whatever you're doing and see what Task Manager shows.

i ran a malwarebytes scan, came back with no issues, and im unable to alt tab out when it happens.