Question PC freezing completely when under stress

Sep 5, 2022
I have a ryzen 5 2600x cpu with a msi b450 gtx 1080 and 32 ram.
I have used this pc with no issues since late 2018, lately I moved and had a disconnected memory so I got into the computer and fixed that. After this, whenever I am doing something that really taxes my pc, it freezes completely and does not unfreeze. The only fix is a hard reset. This happens when I am saving an edited video, playing a particularly taxing game, and when I stress test my pc (and I'm sure other times I have yet to experience). The cpu is always very high when the freeze occurs which makes me think that it triggers when my cpu usage hits 100 or something like that. Not sure.
My computer works great at all other times, just this major freeze when I do specific things.
Any suggestions?

What is your exact power supply model number and how long has THAT been in service/use?

What is the ACTUAL model of your motherboard, because MSI B450 is not a model. B450 is a type of chipset and can be PART of a model, but is not itself the model number.

What is the brand and model of your 32GB memory kit, how many DIMMs are in the kit and did they ALL come together or were they bought in separate kits, regardless of whether those separate kits were the same model or not?

What do you mean by "disconnected memory"? Please explain this, specifically, in detail.

What CPU cooler are you using, the stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler, and if an aftermarket cooler, what model? Also, if an aftermarket cooler, did you remove the CPU cooler while/during the move or at least reinforce inside the case with something like those big air pods Amazon puts in the boxes when they ship something to you?

Let's not "guess" at when it's doing this, let's download HWinfo, install it, run it and choose "Sensors only" and uncheck the "Summary" option and see what the CPU usage and MORE importantly, the CPU core temperatures and GPU temperatures are doing. In fact, it would be a good idea to take a screenshot of all the sensor values and post those images here. Usually takes about three screenshots to capture all the sensors and you can use the following guide to understand how to post images on Tom's hardware.

Further, it would be helpful to know exactly what motherboard BIOS version you are currently running?

Sep 5, 2022
Thanks for your answer.
My power supply is a Corsair RM650x which has been on there since I put it together.
Motherboard is a B450 Gaming pro carbon ac.
RAM is actually only 16 not 32, G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-25600) DDR4 3200
Cooling is just the stock cooling that comes with the processor and case which consists of 3 very basic fans in the front and 1 in the back..
"disconnected memory" the SSD storage for the pc just needed to be plugged back in properly, as I had somehow disconnected it while I was inspecting/cleaning it after moving.
I will get the other info on here tomorrow after work.

I'd definitely double check the mounting brackets, backplate and CPU cooler to make sure they are all firmly seated and nothing is loose whatsoever. If something was disconnected and had to be reconnected due to working inside the case for whatever reason, then it's possible other things have become disconnected or loosened as well.

I'd check each and every connection from the power supply to the motherboard including the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin EPS/CPU connections, all connections at the power supply end of the cables to make sure none of them have come partially unplugged, the PCI power connections to the graphics card, the memory modules. In fact, removing and reinserting the memory modules is a good idea AND it's also a good idea to make sure they are in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket, with the fourth slot being the one closest to the edge of the motherboard.

As well, the other things I mentioned earlier too after these basics have been double checked.

It might also not be a bad idea if nothing else turns up to go ahead and make sure you have the latest stable BIOS release installed. After that, probably also a good idea to go to the product page for your motherboard and make sure you have the latest chipset, network adapter (LAN and WiFi) and audio drivers by downloading the latest ones and installing them. The same goes for the Nvidia drivers as well. After those are up to date, it would also be wise to run through any available Windows updates until fully up to date. Restarting after each driver update is generally a good idea before moving on to the next one, even if the installer doesn't prompt for it.

Sep 5, 2022
See below
qSE4TVG.png
81LW0no.png
32zqjsr.png

For the record, the temps shown are in F not in C, it would be prudent to click on the gear to access the settings at the bottom of the HWinfo window and change the setting to Celcius since that is what we generally refer to when talking about PC hardware temperatures.

Then, take those same screenshots again while running something demanding line Cinebench, Realbench, Prime95 or whatever you are able to run long enough to get the screenshots that gives the system a decent load. Nothing there jumps out at me.