Question PC freezing/crashing continously and randomly ?

Sjouwerd

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
Hi all,

Specs at bottom of post.

I've been experiencing crashes for several months now. Sometimes 10 times in a row, making it impossible to do anything on my PC. Sometimes no crashes for a week and I can do whatever I want. At first I thought the crashes were related to my graphics card because the only time my PC would crash was when I was playing games. However I also experience crashes now when browsing on the internet or just 2 minutes after starting the PC and not even doing anything! So at this moment I do not think it is really related to the GPU.

Type of crash is very consistent:
  • Screen freezes and sound stops (sometime screen freezes and sound continous).
  • I can only stop the crash/freeze by doing a hard reset (holding power button).
  • Event viewer will indicate two types of errors (see below). In very rare occassions, no error in event viewer at all.

1. \Device\Video3 Error occurred on GPUID: 800
  2. Source nvlddmkm Event ID 14.
Let me sum up what I have already tried, without success:
  1. I have always underclocked my card with MSI Afterburner. Crashes with and without underclocking continue.
  2. Run all the DSIM Health and restore commands. Nothing could be found.
  3. CPU and GPU temperature monitoring. All temps were always OK, even last summer when it was extremely hot where I live.
  4. Installing latest motherboard BIOS.
  5. Running older GPU drivers.
  6. Running games in max performance mode.
  7. Running RAM checks with the TM5 application (someone told me to test it with this program). No errors on RAM.
  8. Trying to run with different PSU.
I really have ran out of options. There are two things that I did not want to try yet:
  • Open my case and see if anything is off. I have a really compact case (NZXT H1) and everything will be hard to find. Besides that, I have limited hardware knowledge and am afraid to break something or do something wrong.
  • Reinstall Windows. Did not want to try this yet because maybe other person has a solution.
My specs are:
  • NZXT H1 case with default watercooling on CPU (temps are always OK).
  • ASRock A520M-ITX/ac motherboard.
  • Ryzen 7 5800X.
  • RTX 2080TI triple fan.
  • 32 GM ram.
  • 2 TB SSD Samsung.
  • 500 GB HDD
who can help me solve this problem? I am lost for options.

(excuse my English, this is not my first language).

Hi all,

Specs at bottom of post.

I've been experiencing crashes for several months now. Sometimes 10 times in a row, making it impossible to do anything on my PC. Sometimes no crashes for a week and I can do whatever I want. At first I thought the crashes were related to my graphics card because the only time my PC would crash was when I was playing games. However I also experience crashes now when browsing on the internet or just 2 minutes after starting the PC and not even doing anything! So at this moment I do not think it is really related to the GPU.

Type of crash is very consistent:
  • Screen freezes and sound stops (sometime screen freezes and sound continous).
  • I can only stop the crash/freeze by doing a hard reset (holding power button).
  • Event viewer will indicate two types of errors (see below). In very rare occassions, no error in event viewer at all.

1. \Device\Video3 Error occurred on GPUID: 800
  2. Source nvlddmkm Event ID 14.
Let me sum up what I have already tried, without success:
  1. I have always underclocked my card with MSI Afterburner. Crashes with and without underclocking continue.
  2. Run all the DSIM Health and restore commands. Nothing could be found.
  3. CPU and GPU temperature monitoring. All temps were always OK, even last summer when it was extremely hot where I live.
  4. Installing latest motherboard BIOS.
  5. Running older GPU drivers.
  6. Running games in max performance mode.
  7. Running RAM checks with the TM5 application (someone told me to test it with this program). No errors on RAM.
  8. Trying to run with different PSU.
I really have ran out of options. There are two things that I did not want to try yet:
  • Open my case and see if anything is off. I have a really compact case (NZXT H1) and everything will be hard to find. Besides that, I have limited hardware knowledge and am afraid to break something or do something wrong.
  • Reinstall Windows. Did not want to try this yet because maybe other person has a solution.
My specs are:
  • NZXT H1 case with default watercooling on CPU (temps are always OK).
  • ASRock A520M-ITX/ac motherboard.
  • Ryzen 7 5800X.
  • RTX 2080TI triple fan.
  • 32 GM ram.
  • 2 TB SSD Samsung.
  • 500 GB HDD
who can help me solve this problem? I am lost for options.

(excuse my English, this is not my first language).
What are your vram temps if this is over heating and has fried that could be the issue you have