Question PC freezing/crashing when loading Cold War ?

Zoratix

Prominent
Dec 3, 2019
My computer has been freezing sometimes when I load Cold War or when I get to the part where I pick my class in mp. It will work one day then the next it will freeze and won’t work. I have tried over 30 things including scanning and repairing, reinstalling shaders, trying to swap out graphics cards, uninstalling and reinstalling, and modifying the game in -d3d11. I’ve also tried changing the priorities and closing extra apps in task manager. It’s weird because it’s only on Cold War and sometimes I can play it for hours but others it doesn’t even load up without freezing. I can also play other games like rust for hours on end with out having any problems. I edit aswell without any problems. I’m not sure what else to do and would appreciate help. Specs below.

ryzen 5 3600
MSI 1660 super gaming x
MSI b450 gaming plus max
16gb of tforce ram at 3200
1 tb nvme ssd
Cooler master 80+ bronze 650 watt

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
My computer has been freezing sometimes when I load Cold War or when I get to the part where I pick my class in mp. It will work one day then the next it will freeze and won’t work. I have tried over 30 things including scanning and repairing, reinstalling shaders, trying to swap out graphics cards, uninstalling and reinstalling, and modifying the game in -d3d11. I’ve also tried changing the priorities and closing extra apps in task manager. It’s weird because it’s only on Cold War and sometimes I can play it for hours but others it doesn’t even load up without freezing. I can also play other games like rust for hours on end with out having any problems. I edit aswell without any problems. I’m not sure what else to do and would appreciate help. Specs below.

ryzen 5 3600
MSI 1660 super gaming x
MSI b450 gaming plus max
16gb of tforce ram at 3200
1 tb nvme ssd
Cooler master 80+ bronze 650 watt
Try turning off vsync