[SOLVED] PC freezing during games

Feb 1, 2020
During some games my PC just freezes and I have to hard reset it using the power button. It normally happens around 5 - 10 mins into gaming.

I have tried updating my drivers and cleaning temporary files, and I have been monitoring PC temps and fan speed etc and nothing seems out of the ordinary (NVidia 970 reaching max of like 60 degrees celsius).

Speccy

Solution
I'm pretty sure I bought the 2 separately. Installed them at the same time though
I would start there then. Test in game with just one stick installed - yes, performance isn't going to be great, but the point is to rule out memory incompatibility.

Kits of the same brand and specs aren't guaranteed to work together even if they 'appear identical' - it just has better odds of working together.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm pretty sure I bought the 2 separately. Installed them at the same time though
I would start there then. Test in game with just one stick installed - yes, performance isn't going to be great, but the point is to rule out memory incompatibility.

Kits of the same brand and specs aren't guaranteed to work together even if they 'appear identical' - it just has better odds of working together.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS