Mar 29, 2021
So I have had this pc since mid 2019, I had finished the build July 18th 2019.

Specs: (OLD)

GPU:ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Overclocked 8G
CPU: Intel i79700k
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w 80+ Gold
MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000
COOLER: CORSAIR H115i; 280mm

Specs: (NEW) (I thought the changes would help, they did not.)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Overclocked 8G
CPU: Intel i79700k
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w 80+ Gold
MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151
RAM:
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200
COOLER: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix; 360mm

The problem:

So sometimes my PC will fully freeze when and when I am not using it. If I have a game open it does not seem to freeze unless the game is new, with the game being new this almost never happens. My friend bought be a brand new replacement for my ram because that's what I thought was wrong and it would seem I was wrong. I got a new cooler since a fan had died on my old one, that also did not fix the issue. All my temps are fine, I almost never hit 50c on my cpu and average around 60c on my gpu. I am leaning towards the motherboard but I don't want to pull the trigger till I find out if it really is the motherboard. The PSU I got off EVGA's website and it was refurbished but they claim it should work as brand new since they did the refurbishing in the warehouse ect... So I am kind of stuck and I'm not sure where else to go, if you need more info just ask and I will do my very best to get it.

Thanks, Allan.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you running this on stock settings? OC to the CPU? GPU? RAM (XMP)?

I doubt the PSU. That is among their decent models and WELL over what you actually need.

If you go in and disable all sleep states and such to "always on" "never sleep" will it still freeze?

Mar 29, 2021

I doubt the PSU. That is among their decent models and WELL over what you actually need.

If you go in and disable all sleep states and such to "always on" "never sleep" will it still freeze?

I have not overclocked the GPU or CPU, I do not believe I have XMP on, I will take a look in the bios when I get a chance, and I will take a look at the sleep states. Thank you for your reply I VERY much appreciate it!

Mar 29, 2021

So I do not have XMP on. As for sleep states I have them all disabled, my pc will stay awake until I either shut it off or restart it or put it to sleep myself. Or well, if it freezes lol